MBA in Sustainable Business
Start your Journey in Sustainability
The MBA for Positive Impact
The BSL MBA in Sustainable Business will guide you through all aspects of sustainable business practice and develop your entrepreneurial mindset thanks to a genuine mix of reflective and experiential learning, including a real-world industry or company-specific project.
The MBA in Sustainable Business is a unique program in Switzerland combining MBA education with a deep dive in business sustainability.
快狐成人短视频appThis program blends two programs into one, the MBA and the Diploma in Sustainable Business, resulting in a holistic learning experience that will transform how you define business and yourself in leading change and innovation for a better world. Practically, you will take MBA courses and continue with a specialization in sustainability. The result is a program that shapes you into a self-aware, knowledgeable and sustainability-conscious business practitioner.
- You will undertake a personal transformation journey that will enable you to know yourself better, to explore your personal purpose and to nurture your capacity to lead yourself and others towards a better world. You will be immersed in a multi-faceted learning space that fosters your personal growth through soft skills courses, mentoring and reflective practices.
- You will get exposed to unconventional thinking beyond business-as-usual and will explore an outside-in perspective which redefines business strategies as being driven by sustainability challenges. You will discover innovative concepts and tools for tackling global issues related to the economic, environmental and social impact of business.
- You will accelerate your professional growth and will have the chance to make a positive contribution to a real organization within the program.
Learning different topics in a classroom environment is one thing, applying them to the real world quite another. We believe that only applied learning has the power to develop you into a person that can take on the world and make a significant difference.
The MBA Project gives you the chance to do just that. You choose a company, idea or project of your choice and develop a comprehensive consulting report on it covering industry and market research, business strategy, marketing, human resources, operations, finance and risk management. Many of these projects end up being the launch pad for start-up companies – in recent years, often as social enterprises.
This is your chance to connect what you have learned how you wish to engage professionally. This stepping stone experience is cited by our participants as one of the most enriching elements of our program – this is where they are able to put everything they have learned into a broader context, understanding the interconnections of the many individual subject topics they have been studying.
BSL Signature Features
- Small classes of up to 20 candidates with personalized attention and support from professors
- Professors who are seasoned and currently active business practitioners and experts in their field
- International and diverse environment with students from 60 nationalities
Option 1: MBA in Sustainable Business – Full-Time Program (1 Year)
- We recommend this option to professionals who seek a career transition or want to take a break from work and fully focus on a year of dynamic learning immersion
- The program consists of MBA courses (6 months) and a specialization in sustainability through the complete Diploma in Sustainable Business program (6 months)
- The final defense of the Consulting Project will be at the end of the program
Option 2: MBA in Sustainable Business – Part-Time Program (2 Years)
- We recommend this option to working professionals in or outside of Switzerland who desire to keep their employment and study part time, which means attending classes every few weeks
- The program consists of MBA courses (1 year) and a specialization in sustainability through the complete Diploma in Sustainable Business program (1 year)
- The final defense of the MBA Project will be at the end of the program
Duration: 1 year for full time option or 2 years for part time option
- 9 MBA modules + 1 Elective & 5 Sustainability Specialization modules
- Each module takes approximately 2 weeks to complete
- Classes are scheduled in three day modules (Thursday to Saturady)
Project: The program includes a real-life project of approximately 250 hours, replacing the traditional thesis
Workload: Each module includes 3 days (27 hrs) of class time and 35-50 hrs of independent study
Program Credits: 60 ECTS
Curious about the impact our Program will have on your career?
快狐成人短视频appConnect with one of our Program Experts for advice on which of our study options will provide you with the all-important steps of your career.